Monday, February 13, 2006

100 m: Summer vs. Winter

Now that the Winter Olympics have arrived, I'm getting a lot of questions in my inbox asking me that same question that is addressed every Olympic Games. How do the times in the 100 m sprint in the Summer Olympics compare with the 100 m times in the skating sprint in the Winter Olympics? I will be researching this topic today, and I will publish the results later.

---------------------------------------

It turns out, there is no 100 m speedskating sprint. Why are you people asking me this then? I think it is a shame and it really should be an Olympic sport. I've contacted the Italian embassy here in America, and I have it on good word that it may be introduced in these Olympics in Tehran. Unfortunately no skaters have trained for this distance, which may cause some concerns.

2 Comments:

Blogger -i- said...

I'm so glad you debunked this!

12:37 AM  
Blogger a spoonful weighs a ton said...

I'm as dissappointed as the next guy about the results, but I've always been committed to exposing the dark underbelly of short-track speed skating.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter