Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cliché Analysis Blog: "Calling a Spade a Spade"; or Horticulture Blog #2

Although it is mildly impressive when someone is able to successfully identify a spade as being a spade, it is much more remarkable when someone correctly determines when a spade is in fact, something else. Like a shovel. What follows in an illustration, done via writing, possibly to be made into a short film at some point, but for now will remain as simply a way of establishing my point.

Gardener 1: I see a spade. It is a spade. I'm calling a spade a spade.


Gardener 2: I challenge you on that point. I say the spade is shovel.


Gardener 1: That is ridiculous. Wouldn't you have to say "That shovel is a shovel", if in fact the object we are both describing is a shovel? Besides, it is a spade.


Gardener 2: I believe in a roundabout way, you are begging the question.

Gardener 1: That statement is misguided!

Gardener 2:Either way, let's not get bogged down in semantics. That spade is a shovel, and I can prove it, but first we'll have to agree on a definition of "shovel".


Gardener 1: Well, a shovel digs, but it can also kill kittens. Which definition is more appropriate?


Gardener 2: I suggest we go with the first. A shovel digs. We will both start digging, you with a shovel, and me with this object, the object you refer to as "spade".


Gardener 1: Ok.

They dig, and it turns out Gardener 2 digs an impressive hole with the spade, thereby rendering it a shovel.


Gardener 1: I guess that spade is a shovel. You have proven me wrong once again!

Implying that the past has seen much of the same, ie. Gardener 2 has constantly proven Gardener 1 wrong in some fascinating way!


Gardener 2: So I have. Let's not dwell on it though. We have more gardening to do, as we are both gardeners.

The End.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I think the post should acquire more info then it has.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat download[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or misunderstood ways to build an income online.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Ed Levitra said...

I am wondering how is this possible? Can you explain more details in your blog post. It will be more useful. Thanks : Ed Levitra, Pharma student.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter